This is a wonderfully moist, soft and delicious bread and you can even eat it on its own - without any spread or butter.
(A)250g bread flour
20g plain flour
15g milk powder
40g raw sugar
1/4 tsp (2g) sea salt
1 tsp (6g) instant dried yeast
(B) Combine together:
80g cold water
80g creamed corn
15g condensed milk
30g beaten egg
- Grease a loaf pan (8x4x3 in / 20.5x10.5x7.5 cm).
- In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine all the ingredients (A) in a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the mixture (B) and knead until the dough is elastic and smooth and leaves the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Incorporate the (C) butter into the dough and continue to knead until it passed the window pane test (whereby the dough can be stretched into a paper-thin film without tearing and is translucent).
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions. Flatten each portion of the dough and roll it up like swiss rolls and place them in the greased loaf pan . Cover with cling wrap and let it rise until it reaches 90% of the height of the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180°C on the second lowest rack in the oven for about 45 - 50 minutes (tent the top loosely with foil once the bread is sufficiently brown).